1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Low Memory Help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bonline, Jul 24, 2011.

1. bonline

bonline Member
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    Apologizes if this has already been addressed but I couldn't find a thread. I have 64 apps installed on the phone including the stock apps. I keep getting low phone memory message. I've moved all the apps that can be moved to SD except for 2 to SD. Cleared the cache/deleted text message threads.

1. Is there a way to increase the internal phone memory?

2. Is there a app that exists to move or delete the stock apps that came with the phone?

3. If rooting is the answer to both, is it easy to do, I am no computer programming expert.

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement

2. koopakid08

koopakid08 Android Expert
    None

Mar 14, 2011
    Behind you
    Rooting lets you delete apps that come preinstalled. It also lets you use an app called link2SD that lets you put any app and its cache on the SD card. Rooting is not that hard but make sure you read up on it before you do anything. This is a good thread to get you started.

3. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    Also, remember if you just want to Root your phone to get rid of preinstalled apps.A list of bloatware can be found here http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/307617-list-bloatware-lg-optimus-v.html#post2494348) and to move as many apps as you can to the SD card(Titanium Backup, App Swap) Rooting will void your phones warranty. If you still want to root your phone go here http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...ide-rooting-without-computer.html#post2985787. This will also install a custom recovery which will allow you to make a backup of your system before you do anything else. When you have Root access it gives you the ability to delete files and apps(some of which are system apps that you must have). If you make a backup first, before you delete something(you should always freeze or quarantine an app first, to see how it will affect the system),If you do the unthinkable(it happens a lot to "Nuub's"), then you can go back in recovery and restore your phone to just the way it was before it got messed up. Then ,latter on if you want to try a new ROM all you have to do is put the ROM zip file (and Gapp zip file, if called for)on the root of you SD card(not in any folder,but toward the bottom of the list of folders).Go into recovery and do the prescribed wipes for that ROM,install the ROM,reboot. My point is, once you've rooted and installed a custom recovery, installing a ROM is like taking candy from a baby

Tags: