1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Low Memory Killer Levels

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Terabethia, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    To start with I just want to say that I do not have a problem with Low Memory notifications and am not asking for help.

Okay... so I have an app called Android System Info. It's handy, has tons of information in it. I was just looking through the menu and noticed "Low Memory Killer Levels", which seem to list the level at which this notification should display. Mine says:

Foreground App: 6:00MB
    Visible App: 8:00MB
    Secondary Server: 16:00MB
    Hidden App: 20:00MB
    Content Provider: 22:00MB
    Empty App: 24:00MB

There doesn't seem to be a way to adjust these settings, at least not in the app. But I thought that maybe that information would be useful to people having the memory low notification.

Or maybe someone can figure out a way to change those settings within the phone. Set it to a lower level or something.

Advertisement

2. sfgirl

sfgirl New Member

Jul 16, 2010
    i cant believe no ones answered this. i have the same problem. i cant even get downtown and back before my battery dies. its been off the charger for 5 minutes and has lost 11% already.

3. markotak

markotak New Member

May 4, 2010
    There are two ways for it:
    1. MinfreeManager app from Market offer various levels of lowmem killing such as moderate, agressive,..., you can manualy change nummbers, too;
    2. Darktremor app2sd script, with it you can move apps to sd (ext) and via adb change lowmemory killer level (of course, a lot of other things you can do with adb).
    Root is required.