• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Low/mid range Android recommendations.

KaosStorm

Sep 2, 2011
Guatemala City
I'm looking for a low-mid range Android phone to replace the uber low range Galaxy 5 I'm currently running now. Due to the state of the market around here, my options are heavily limited. So far, I've come up with 3 to 4 sensible options, but I could dig around a little more for some other alternative; what I have in sight right now is:
LG L7
Xperia Sola
Xperia Neo L

You could count the Xperia U too, but the device not having an SD slot takes it off the list faster than it takes to type the name.

How about the HTC Desire X or Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini.. both low to mid range

https://www.buymobilephones.net/mobile-phones/Samsung/Samsung-Galaxy-S3-Mini/30,108297

https://www.buymobilephones.net/mobile-phones/HTC/HTC-Desire-X/85,106756

Both have SD slots and both dual core, the S3 launches with JellyBean. I've held the Desire X and it feels a lot more premium than what it is.

EDIT: Just noticed the LG Optimus 4X HD is on a very cheap contract here, that's a lot of phone for the money... almost the same specs as my One X, worth seeing if it's cheap where you are too.

Upvote 0
I'm looking for a low-mid range Android phone to replace the uber low range Galaxy 5 I'm currently running now. Due to the state of the market around here, my options are heavily limited. So far, I've come up with 3 to 4 sensible options, but I could dig around a little more for some other alternative; what I have in sight right now is:
LG L7
Xperia Sola
Xperia Neo L

You could count the Xperia U too, but the device not having an SD slot takes it off the list faster than it takes to type the name.

I would not recommend a single one of your shortlist. I make it a point to avoid Sony and LG at all costs. HTC and Samsung should be your go to. It all depends on what carrier you're with.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies guys. Believe me, if I could choose an HTC or Samsung phone I would, but the only midrange device of any of those two brands that my carriers has is the Galaxy Ace (and not the Ace 2 as chanchan05 points out).

If I made that shortlist it's because that's what I have somewhat easily avaliable around here. I'll try to get one of the ones you guys point out, but my options are stupidly limited about. xd

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones