1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Low / No Signal with ST and Nexus 4?

Discussion in 'Straight Talk' started by snorri, Jul 28, 2013.

1. snorri

snorri Lurker
    None

Jul 28, 2013
    I have a Nexus 4 that I purchased on release with ST and it works great. However, I advised a friend to purchase the same about 3 weeks ago and she has 0 bars when I have 4. Straight Talk is giving her a rash of crap saying it is Google's fault. :rolleyes: Has anyone had this problem previously? I had her put all the same settings I have and nothing seems to work. At this point I am wondering if it is a hardware malfunction. I would appreciate input from others if this is perhaps a problem with the latest batch of N4's.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert
    None

Mar 10, 2011
    Jax Fl
    There have actually been lots of straight talk mess ups, that and net10 where the provisioning of the account is mess up.

I would suggest (if possible) get another carrier sim and check the phone out if it works perfectly then its unlikely to be hardware.:(

3. oldnoob2

oldnoob2 Member
    None

Jun 20, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Depending on how long ago you went with ST, you probably have an at&t sim. ST no longer sells these, so any recent ST BYOD sims are on T-Mobile's network. Could be that you have good at&t signal but little or no t-mo signal in your area.

Swap sims between phones and that will tell you if the problem is with the sim or the phone.

4. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert
    None

Mar 10, 2011
    Jax Fl
    Very good point.

5. snorri

snorri Lurker
    None

Jul 28, 2013
    Ah ha! That makes perfect sense, I will try that out and then purchase one from eBay if that does the trick. Thanks guys!

6. oldnoob2

oldnoob2 Member
    None

Jun 20, 2012
    Miami, FL
    If it works think about a Net10 sim. Same basic company, it's $50 instead of $45, but I think you get $5 off of you sign up for autopay. That way you don't have to overpay and risk getting scammed on eBay.