1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How To Low on memory

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iawlfan, Jun 13, 2011.

1. iawlfan

iawlfan Lurker
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    I keep getting the "phone memory low" message. I have deleted all non-necessary apps, moved as many as I could to my SD card, and deleted all photos. But every time I take a photo, it immediately pops up that my phone memory is getting low.

Is there an app for deleting fragmented files or files that are no longer used, kind of like ScanDisk for Windows?

Any other ideas?

Advertisement

2. KidFlash

KidFlash Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    How much space do you have on your phone and SD card left?

3. Techno Tonis

Techno Tonis Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    My internal memory is low as well... Which will make my phone run faster - All apps moved to the SD card... or all apps stay on internal memory?

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    Apps storage space and memory are two different things - make sure which one you are really taking about. In your case, since it happens when you take pics, it sounds like you're running into memory issues not storage space issues - and thus moving apps to SDCard is not going to help one iota.

Neither - see above.

Now, for those running out of memory this usually occurs when you have either of / a combination of both of the following:

• a lot of SMS
    • a very lengthy call log

I suggest that you use these apps to make backups of those items and then delete them out of your phone so you can have more operating memory:

Call Logs Backup & Restore - Android app on AppBrain

http://www.appbrain.com/app/sms-backup-restore/com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore

Both are free, ad-supported apps, although there is a paid (donation, ad-free) version of the latter: http://www.appbrain.com/app/sms-backup-restore-pro/com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestorePro

HTH