1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

"Low on Space" brought me here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mnmetrohousing, May 24, 2011.

1. mnmetrohousing

None

May 24, 2011
    Hi all! I look forward to learning some great tips through this forum. I've had my Galaxy Tab for about a month now, and up until a couple of days ago, was LOVING it. Now... I have this annoying red SD card symbol and warning continuously in place and popping up any time I try to do anything. I'm hoping there's a forum in place for this and someone will be kind enough to point me in the right direction. :D

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

Info on your Galaxy tab can be found here:

Samsung Galaxy Tab - Android Forums

What you describe is an indication that either the internal or external SD cards is getting full. The internal SD card is basically the tablets internal memory and is where Android normally stores installed apps and such. The external SD card is removable and is frequently where people store music, video, photo's, and other similar information.

To check your available disk space go to App Drawer -> Settings -> SD Card. It should show you the current disk statistics for each SD card which should help you determine which card is causing this error. You can then either delete files or install unused apps to resolve the problem.