1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support "Low on Space" - Email the culprit?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Idiocracy, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Idiocracy

Idiocracy Lurker
    None

Jul 18, 2011
    I have been getting the dreaded "Low on Space" warning for the last few months. I am constantly cleaning out cache memory through "manage applications", deleting text messages, removing programs, exporting/importing contacts back and forth between my SD card and the phone, etc. I'm pretty much at my wit's end.

The only application I can't seem to do anything with is my email. My corporate email takes up 102 MB of my internal memory, but I can't seem to find a way to fix this. I've tried cleaning cashe memory, but that is usually very minimal (around 100kb). I've tried removing my email account, but the memory stayed the same. I've looked into exporting my email to the SD card, but that is not an option on my phone (unless there is an app out there I have yet to discover).

Besides buying a new phone with more internal memory, what are my options?

:thinking:

Advertisement

2. doogald

doogald Android Expert
    None

Jan 7, 2010
    Unfortunately, I don't think I've ever found an answer that doesn't involve a factory reset.

The HTC mail app is terrible, IMHO. You may want to see if the K9 mail app will work better if you do need to do that factory reset.