• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Low on Space notification....????

Rube8514

Mar 16, 2010
I have a notification that wont go away and it just came on today. It says "Low on Space"-Phone Storage space is getting low. Has anyone else had this and if so what should i do?? I have a memory card in it so im not sure what is saving to the phone. please Help!! :thinking:

That means you have too many apps installed. Go to settings and click on SD card and phone storage, at the bottom is your internal memory. You need to start uninstalling apps until you free up space, when you get that message you can also start missing phone calls and notifications.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
That means you have too many apps installed. Go to settings and click on SD card and phone storage, at the bottom is your internal memory. You need to start uninstalling apps until you free up space, when you get that message you can also start missing phone calls and notifications.

I have like 30 apps....i have heard of people having like over 100 apps...so why am i getting that notification?.....i uninstalled some stupid apps and did what you said..it states that i have 20.85mb internal space now

Upvote 0
The best thing to do is go into settings->applications->manage applications and sort them by size.

Even with only about 200 texts com.android.providers.telephony shows up as the 4th largest for me. My largest app by size is actually com.htc.socialnetwork so having a lot of facebook contacts linked must also use a lot of memory (Not sure if it matters but I'm still on 1.5)

I have about 25 market apps downloaded but my available internal memory is still 62 MB

Upvote 0
Best thing to do is this: settings, applications, manage applications, wait for it to load up fully then press menu key, select sort by size or whatever, at this point all apps will be in order of total size from the top down. Anything taking up a horrendous amount of memory should be blatantly obvious at this point, such as browser being at the very top with like 40 mb worth of useless cache. Scroll through and clean out all your cache, NOT DATA OR DEFAULTS, JUST CACHE.

Upvote 0
The best thing to do is go into settings->applications->manage applications and sort them by size.

Even with only about 200 texts com.android.providers.telephony shows up as the 4th largest for me. My largest app by size is actually com.htc.socialnetwork so having a lot of facebook contacts linked must also use a lot of memory (Not sure if it matters but I'm still on 1.5)

I have about 25 market apps downloaded but my available internal memory is still 62 MB

How do u still have that much space with 25 Apps?! I have about 18 alps with 27mb free. I clear cache of my applications regularly. How big is ur biggest app?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones