• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Low on space" phone/application storage notification

thanks for your responses.

i downloaded all my apps using the android market app (is that the same as "via a browser"?). in any event. i can't seem to find the app files - used a file manager (astro) and also searched the drives by plugging in the phone into my PC. a bit confused since this seems to be pretty straight forward.

deleted all my music from the SD card and that freed up a bunch of space. question - will the music player play music saved on the internal storage or does it have to be on the SD card? also so question for the apps.

Upvote 0
thanks for your responses.

i downloaded all my apps using the android market app (is that the same as "via a browser"?). in any event. i can't seem to find the app files - used a file manager (astro) and also searched the drives by plugging in the phone into my PC. a bit confused since this seems to be pretty straight forward.

deleted all my music from the SD card and that freed up a bunch of space. question - will the music player play music saved on the internal storage or does it have to be on the SD card? also so question for the apps.

Music should be fine if its saved to internal storage. The only thing you can really use the internal storage for is multimedia purposes anyway. All of your apps will be stored on the phone memory or your sd card if you moved them there not the internal storage

Upvote 0
Well, im low on disk space again! The icon keeps coming up every day or every other day! Each time it comes up, I clear data on certain apps, and I uninstall some apps from my phone! I've removed Twitter, Reuters News and Jewels in the last week.. Icon leaves but comes back few days later! And I have a lot of space on my phone by the way!

Getting really frustrating.

Upvote 0
Well, im low on disk space again! The icon keeps coming up every day or every other day! Each time it comes up, I clear data on certain apps, and I uninstall some apps from my phone! I've removed Twitter, Reuters News and Jewels in the last week.. Icon leaves but comes back few days later! And I have a lot of space on my phone by the way!

Getting really frustrating.

I got this last night as well and can't for the life of me figure out what is going on as I do not have a lot of apps on my phone. I did notice it says the data space is the issue but can't figure out what is wrong.

Upvote 0
Here's the thing, does it really make a difference? I had it for a little while before I did a factory reset. Sure its annoying to see the notification, but until there's a more concrete fix, does it really matter? You AREN'T actually low on space.
except it does matter, gmail wont work, emails stop etc. it pretty much stops a good portion of the data coming in over the network.

Upvote 0
According to System Panel:

Memory: 34% Free
Internal Storage: 95% Free
SD Card: 57% Free (on a 4GB)

Why am I getting this message in my status bar??

"Low On Space: Application data space is low. To free up space please 1. Go to mail app and..."
- then it cuts off because ran out of room (in landscape)
- when I click on it, it takes me to managing apps under settings...

WHAT AM/CAN I DO????

Please help, I am anal about these stupid notifications... much appreciated

Upvote 0
some people can fix the problem by going through running applications and looking for big MB's,,,then clearing the cache for those particular apps.

worked for me first try. :)

Why should we have to do this if we have SO MUCH FREE SPACE either on the phone or the SD CARD??

Why can't we just shift things around if we needed to, which we dont because we have so much space.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones