1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Low on Space??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by toader, Jul 18, 2011.

1. toader

toader Newbie
    None

Jun 9, 2010
    I'm having a problem with my phone's internal storage space. I keep getting notified that I am low on space. Most recently, I went to bed and the phone was ok, and when I woke up the next morning (hadn't added any apps) my phone is telling me I am low on space.

I use an app called App2SD, and I have everything that is allowed moved over to my SD card. I really don't have many apps at all on my actual phone. Here is a list (from App2SD):

Amazon Appstore release-1.14: 1.33 MB
    ASTRO 2.5.2: 2.19 MB
    Battery Indicator Pro 4.0.2: 843.30 KB
    Fancy Widget 2.1.8: 1.44 MB
    GDocs Notepad with Sync 1.2: 133.62 KB
    Gentle Alarm 2.6.14: 853.76 KB
    gTabSiMiClock 2.6.6: 495.88 KB
    Swiftkey 1.1.91: 1.27 MB
    Toggle Widgets Pack 1.0.8: 520.32 KB
    TuneIn Radio 1.5: 1.28 MB
    Weather 5.5.0: 224.07 KB
    Where's My Droid 3.2.2: 402.59 KB

That's it. Hardly anything at all IMO.

I used to have a lot more on my phone before I realized you could move stuff to SD card, and I had no low storage problems.

It almost feels like something in the background is collecting data and filling up my phone's internal storage. Do you guys have any ideas or ways that could help this out?

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement

4ashort6 likes this.
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    with apps2sd not all of the actual app is moved to the card. only part of the app will actually move to the card. that is why widgets for those apps if moved to the card will not work. so the app will still take up some space on your phone's internal memory. do you save a lot of text messages? some apps may use a large amount of cache, you may want to clear some of them up. there are some cache cleaners on the market that can help with that.

3. kpierle

kpierle Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    I was having this problem too. I finally did a hard reset and re-installed my apps and now have a ton of space. I assume that the free, ad-based apps that I installed then took off were still lingering somewhere on the phone. I keep my phone "clean". I keep emails deleted as well as texts so I knew something else was going on. It also took me a while to figure out that to do a hart re-set, you have to mess with the fast-boot option. See other forums for info on hard resets and fast booting.

Tags: