1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Low on system memory

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Spockllp, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Spockllp

Spockllp Newbie
    None

Jun 21, 2011
    Before I rooted or anything I was new to android and decided to go and get every cool app that I could find or think of so I probably put a bunch of stuff on there that I shouldn't have. So I then rooted my phone and went to titanium back up and it said I have around 20 MB free in the system Rom. So I tried holding the power, up volume and camera button on a reboot and got into the system menu and cleared out everything and since I did that I thought I would give shabby mod a try. So I installed it successfully. Thanks Shabby really liking it so far!

the only thing is that my system Rom is still sitting around 23MB free. Is this right? I would think I would have a lot more availalbe. If so is there a good utility or app that could tell me what I got screwed up. Or is there a step I missed to clear out the system memory?

Advertisement

2. Puppet MasteR

Puppet MasteR Newbie
    None

Jun 15, 2011
    I am sorry if I sound ignorant, but have to checked to see if you could move some of your apps to your SD card?

3. Viet1982

Viet1982 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 17, 2011
    Student
    New Orleans
    Hmm even with a loaded version of ShabbyMod I believe you should have a little more than the 23mb of system memory. You could go back into TB and look at the list of apps on your phone. The red smiley faces indicate that that app is installed on the system's rom. The way TB lists the order of apps is system, internal, and lastly the ones toward the end of the list are backed up apps but not installed. The uninstalled ones have a strikeout font. If you long press on the app a sub menu pops up and on the menu you can choose to convert to user app which is internal memory or RAM. You could also choose the ones you don't want at all and uninstall it BUT be VERY CAREFUL of which system app you delete! If you don't know what the app is or does then look it up before deciding to delete or uninstall it from the system. As always backup before you make changes.

Spockllp likes this.
  4. Spockllp

Spockllp Newbie
    None

Jun 21, 2011
    I deleted everything so I have no apps to move to the sd card. I wondering if by wiping everything if there is anything left over in the system ROM.

I just went into the system menu using the power button, up volume and camera button and wiped everything out again and now it is showing around 44MB free in the system ROM. Is that about normal after installing the shabby mod .9 loaded version?