• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Low Phone Memory

lookiebob

Lurker
Aug 3, 2010
I have only recently got my htc tatto and already my phone memory is very low only 32mb, i have also got an sd card with 7gb free. Are the apps that i have downloaded go on my phone memory, if so how do save them to my sd card?
Also any other tips to save the memory?

The achilles heel of the current Android system. Most androids 2.1 and before store to the phone memory and you have no choice however options are available.
In order to store to SD card, you will need to either root your phone (See how to's all over the net) or alternatively wait for 2.2 "Froyo" to hit your handset. (again, info regarding Froyo is all over the net)
One more slight downside.... many of the apps won't work from the SD card unless they have been updated to do so, so you may find many of your apps "greyed" out and you'll be unable to shuffle them across.
Give it a few more months and all will be sweet again, we are in a transitional period :D Just as it settles, it'll be time for "Gingerbread" 3.0 :D

Upvote 0
I have only recently got my htc tatto and already my phone memory is very low only 32mb, i have also got an sd card with 7gb free. Are the apps that i have downloaded go on my phone memory, if so how do save them to my sd card?
Also any other tips to save the memory?

The achilles heel of the current Android system. Most androids 2.1 and before store to the phone memory and you have no choice however options are available.
In order to store to SD card, you will need to either root your phone (See how to's all over the net) or alternatively wait for 2.2 "Froyo" to hit your handset. (again, info regarding Froyo is all over the net)
One more slight downside.... many of the apps won't work from the SD card unless they have been updated to do so, so you may find many of your apps "greyed" out and you'll be unable to shuffle them across.
Give it a few more months and all will be sweet again, we are in a transitional period :D Just as it settles, it'll be time for "Gingerbread" 3.0 :D

hi
if u have rooted ur phone their are 1.6 custom roms which come with apps2sd this stores all ur apps on ur SD and save ur phone memory im right now using one and i have 160MB imternal memory free
im not able to post url but i u chek at the forum XDA site and look in the tatoo forum ull get what u want but remember u need root for the same
hope this helps
goodluck:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones