1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Low Phone Storage

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Destamona81, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Destamona81

Destamona81 Lurker
    None

Sep 3, 2011
    I'm constantly getting a low phone storage message in my notifications tool bar. I've moved some apps to my memory card, but there are a lot that cannot be moved (don't know why??) I've deleted apps that I'm not using, but again there are apps that come with the phone that I'm not able to delete (don't know why??)
    I've cleared the data from the internet and keep having to do this. I've moved all my photos to my laptop and I've bought a bigger memory card (14GB) although that now seems pointess as some of the apps cannot be moved from the phone.
    I'm sick of this now as my phone also wiped ALL of the messages from my inbox!!:mad:

Advertisement

2. Flumme

Flumme Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 29, 2011
    Sweden
    Please try to do a search before posting a new thread on a topic that's been covered multiple times already.

There is a guide on how you can force even more apps to the SD card here http://androidforums.com/desire-tip...ore-most-apps-sd-without-root-simplified.html this will help you some. Here's another one http://androidforums.com/desire-tip...ed-device-noobs-guide-updated-09-02-11-a.html

For more info on this please see the Rooting FAQ and guides in the all about rooting section. You will find everything you need to know right there.

As for the messages, I assume it's SMS, there is not much to do if they are gone now. in the future try something like SMS backup and restore, or a similar backup app. That way you can have fairly up to date backup to restore in case anything like that ever happened again.

Tags: