• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Low Ram causing slow loading apps ?

First - I'm a newbie. Had a BB Storm 1 for over 2 years and this is my first Android. Just got it over the weekend and haven't put it down yet. I've been installing lots of apps and have played around quite a bit with things to help out battery life.

However today I noticed that some apps that were previously loading immediately are now taking 5 to 10 seconds to open and at times running a bit sluggish. Using the pre-loaded Android System Info I noticed that my RAM has been pretty low (I'm assuming). It's been running down to about 15% free and then using that same app I'm ending some tasks and the RAM will come up to about 35% or so.

Is this low RAM amount the cause of my problem? The phone was blazing fast before today. Most of everything i'm doing is over Wifi.

If that's the case how do I free up more RAM?

If not - What's going on? Could one of the apps I loaded causing the phone to run sluggish?

Thanks in advance

Try moving some apps to the SD card, on your home screen press menu -> settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> cliick each app you have installed and see if the move to SD option is not greyed out if it isn't move it to the SD card. The android OS should manage your memory as it needs it, you should not need to manually kill anything. The more apps you have installed on the internal memory the less memory the OS has to run apps. Some apps do not allow moving to the SD for various reasons so you will not be able to move all. Also if you have an app installed but do not use it uninstall it, I find myself hanging onto the free app of the day from Amazon even if I do not use it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones