• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Low resolution MMS pictures

When I receive MMS pictures they are really tiny and of awful quality. I am on O2-UK and apparently the Nexus One is not recognised by the network as a high resolution phone, so the network deliberately reduces the picture size to suit an old fashioned phone.

I sent myself an 18kB image, using Handcent and it came back to me as a 4kB image! I wonder who will sort this out? Will the network be upgraded to recognise the phone, or will HTC modify the phone firmware to send the network the correct information?

When I receive MMS pictures they are really tiny and of awful quality. I am on O2-UK and apparently the Nexus One is not recognised by the network as a high resolution phone, so the network deliberately reduces the picture size to suit an old fashioned phone.

I sent myself an 18kB image, using Handcent and it came back to me as a 4kB image! I wonder who will sort this out? Will the network be upgraded to recognise the phone, or will HTC modify the phone firmware to send the network the correct information?

I had this problem in the past with phones that aren't supported by the carrier. It is a network problem, they automatically re size pics when sending to unknown phones. When you send pics to other people with network recognized phones they will get the normal size image, it is just you that is out of luck till the network adds you phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones