1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Low Sound Quality During Call

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Organon, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Organon

Organon Member
    None

May 7, 2011
    A few days ago my phone started having this weird problem all of a sudden. During a call the sound on my end has started to sound really bad almost like a fuzzy, distortioned sound. Kinda if you took some crappy speakers and turned the volume up too high. It doesn't matter if I try to turn the volume down and the problem does not occur when I play any media.

Anyone else had this problem?

Advertisement

2. Gander

Gander Lurker
    None

Sep 12, 2011
    Did you sort this issue? I am looking at the Galaxy but have seen a couple of problems around the sound quality which is putting me off it a little.

3. Organon

Organon Member
    None

May 7, 2011
    No it's still bugging me. Weird thing is that is wasn't always like this because when I got it it was working perfect.
    Sad thing is that I actually got the phone as a replacement by 3 because my Desire S had a bug that coul'nt be fixed... No have to turn this in for repair as well. FML!

4. Sonia Marie

Sonia Marie Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    I hear alot of static when I am talking on the phone. It sounds more walkie-talkie like than a telephone conversation. I'm going to see if I can get a new one and if the new does it I'll most likely switch to the Prime.

5. Organon

Organon Member
    None

May 7, 2011
    Kinda like mine sounded. Anyway I took in for repair and it got shipped to Samsung straight away. after 9-10 days I got it back and they had changed the speaker and the usb-card/board (I guess that's the board where the mic is) and it's now fine and dandy.

6. Dr Carni Val

Dr Carni Val Lurker
    None

Dec 3, 2011
    To Samsung? Not HTC? I might have missed something there, I have a similar problem with my XE - I guess take it into where I bought it?

Edit:

ignore me, i was following the suggested threads when making a new one and didn't see what phone this was for! many apologies! ;)