• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Search for the app Volume+ with Google. Try to find the download from the developer's site, don't get the app from the Market, unless you want the volume limited free version, or the paid full version. The app downloaded from the developer's website is free and it is the full version.

Once you install the app, then you have to enable it in Accessibility in Settings for it to work on your device.

Upvote 0
Search for the app Volume+ with Google. Try to find the download from the developer's site, don't get the app from the Market, unless you want the volume limited free version, or the paid full version. The app downloaded from the developer's website is free and it is the full version.

Once you install the app, then you have to enable it in Accessibility in Settings for it to work on your device.

I mentioned that a few times.. stick with the IIRC 1.8.x.x version, the newest is one he's asking for new testing on for a complete rewrite (go down a few posts on his site).

To find it, volume+ in the market, expand his description, scroll to the end of the description.

I like this thing! However he doesn't do any sort of changelogs between the versions.:D:D

Upvote 0
I have read the guides and information with Volume+. Am I to understand that this is for rooted phones only? Seems to me that the developer has gone to great lengths to warn non-rooted users away from the app...

I am not rooted, on the factory VZW build. It works with our SGN.

Install it and reboot... then fire up some background music and play with it... amazing!

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0

I rebooted and the application doesn't show up under Accessibility.

No wonder I didn't notice any difference with the app.

What can I do to make this work??? I'm really disappointed with the media volume on my car deck streaming over Bluetooth.

Upvote 0
I rebooted and the application doesn't show up under Accessibility.

No wonder I didn't notice any difference with the app.

What can I do to make this work??? I'm really disappointed with the media volume on my car deck streaming over Bluetooth.

I'd go under your App Drawer and look for "Volume+". Tap it and go from there. (well after you install and then... for good measure launch it 1 time, then reboot, that might not be the case but just install/fiddle, it did nothing, but after a reboot after that, SUCCESS!)

It's not under Accessibility.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones