• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sobieski

Lurker
Oct 21, 2011
My phone synchronised with my laptop and downloaded all music onto the phone, so out of 8GB card there was about 100MB or less space left. I deleted about 1GB since, but the phone is still saying that there is insufficient storage.
I cant update any apps, Gmail stopped working, cant find a satellite (when I turn maps on).
I checked and the apps to be updated ar on SD card, and there is enough space to take it. Besides its only an update so how much space do they need?

I'm not sure if the problems are relating to one issue or more.
Can anyone help?

This is one of the things I really dislike on the phone. You start to get a low memory warning when there is still 30-40 Mb free on the phone! As you said, it kills the email and stops other apps from downloading.

A couple of things you can do that might help. Use app2sd to move everything you can to the SD card [https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.IQBS.android.app2sd] - If you can't download it due to space restrictions try the next step first.

You should also goto SETTINGS>APPS click on the ALL tab and work your way through every app. Uninstall the ones you now longer use and clear the data and cache of any of the ones you are keeping. Pay attention to any browsers you are using - I found Firefox really used up a load of data that none of the other browsers did.

Please note: deleting the data from an app will remove things like save games, high scores and personalisation - but will keep the apps on your phone.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones