1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Lower automatic brightness

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Colmss, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Colmss

Colmss Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 7, 2011
    Hi,

I have the brightness of my Atrix automatically adapted however I feel that I could live with generally two or three levels lower and therefore save battery life? Especially when it is dark I feel like it is MUCH to bright! Is there any possibility/app to tell the automatic brightness control "Do it always two levels lower"?

Advertisement

2. Eddie Bombay

Eddie Bombay Member
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    Settings > Display > Brightness. Make sure that Automatic brightness is unchecked so you can set your own level.

3. thekooliest

thekooliest Lurker
    None

Apr 11, 2011
    @Eddie that is not what he is talking about, and @Colmss I have never found an app to do this but I always have wondered the same thing.

He is looking for an automatic brightness setting which is just slightly dimmer than the default auto brightness.

4. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert
    None

Jan 27, 2011
    I know what you mean, I tried using the auto screen brightness, but it drained the battery faster then I would like. I use two apps for my Atrix. One is quick settings, which allows me to set the brightness, how I want it from the notification bar. I use "Power Manager", which I have set up different profiles: battery power, AC charging, Low battery and USB charging. In each profile you can set the brightness level and its trigger. Example: I have the brightness setting to be at 0%, when the low battery profile is activated, which is when the battery is at 35%.

5. Colmss

Colmss Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 7, 2011
    I can't believe that an app like this doesn't exist already... Maybe with Gingerbread :-/

6. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert
    None

Jan 27, 2011
    Do a search in the market and see what they have. I saw one called "Brightness profiles".

7. atrix21

atrix21 Lurker
    None

Jun 9, 2011
    I use "Screen Filter" and it works well for me.

8. puumarko

puumarko Lurker
    None

May 17, 2011
    I typically use the dimmest manual setting which is good enough for most all environments except direct sunlight. I have Samsung Galaxy phone.

What really bugs me is that the Automatic brightness keeps turning on by itself. Usually I notice the change when I realize that the battery seems to be draining too quickly.

The automatic brightness is next to useless since it's much too bright and takes like half of battery life even without any calls. I cannot get the phone to last a full day if I have the auto-brightenss on. And I don't have automatic synchronization, WLAN, Bluetooth or such turned on by default.