1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LTE data has slowed to a crawl. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by MyUsernameRox, May 10, 2014.

1. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

[​IMG]
    $50 on t-mobile is 1GB and there is some prioritization but only when they're tweaking somethings and it's not nearly as significant as what you posted. Have you tried contacting their Facebook team?

Advertisement

2. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert

Lol most? Sorry you guys are a minority, have guys tried using h+ speeds?

3. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

I'm getting higher speeds than ever averaging just under 30mbps here in Palm Beach and t-mobile's average speed so far this month in Florida is 14mbps

4. dulal18

dulal18 Android Enthusiast

I am in the fort lauderdale area and the internet has gone down to sh;t seriously. Used to get really nice download speed like two months ago, now even with full signal bars its slow as hell. And the worst of all I get less then 60 KB on HSPA+ or rather there are barely any Wcdma, around my work area so as calls are routed over to Wcdma/Gsm the phone either loses signal when making a call or it will get disconnected, thought it was my phone and tried three other phones same crap. Talking to metropcs and changing three different sims didn't help either. I dont know what is going on with tmobile/metropcs in the fort lauderdale area, but network has been very shi;;y recently! Just two months ago everything was perfect.

5. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert

I will say tmobile will be more likely to fix Ur problem

6. pcdebb

pcdebb Android Enthusiast

Lets just say i was SHOCKED to get results like this. when I had my iPhone5, the speeds were horrible. Even my mom's LG was crappy. Depending on what area of town yields different results. Sitting at home right now I get something much much worse. This is from my HTC One.....

[​IMG]

DirtyDee likes this.
  7. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Android Expert

this is sarcasm right?

8. Slickinator

Slickinator Android Enthusiast

Dang metro piece of crap, I have supposedly unlimited data and I get this crap (imgur: the simple image sharer). This is absolutely unacceptable on Metro's part. This same place used to get up to 2000+ KB/s 5 months ago. Dang you metro pcs, its been like this for months now, smell ya later Metro, hello AT&T

9. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Have you ever tried contacting them?

scary alien likes this.
  10. confed

confed Android Expert

You probably live close to towers that have been switched over to the TMobile spectrum.

11. Slickinator

Slickinator Android Enthusiast

Yeah, they give me the same thing over and over again, "OKAY SIR WE ARE GOING TO REFRESH YOUR ACCOUNT AND IT SHOULD WORK PROPERLY, THANKS FOR CHOOSING METRO, WHERE WE LIKE TO SCREW OUR CUSTOMERS OVER, AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN" I'm on the new network and have been since the beginning of this year, and until February I had no problems on LTE with speed, and my data seems to like to not make its way to my phone, but my bill seems to find its way to me just fine... I've also exchanged phones in case it was the phone but nope, same thing. I'm gonna see what they say when I tell them I've been exploring other options. Oh yeah, is T-mobiles data and coverage better than Metro's? Seeing as they use the same network, I'd think Metro's is slower becasue it's cheaper, and T-Mobile is really the only other option for truly unlimited LTE

12. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Was that their phone customer service? If so you should try the FB page. They're much more competent and helpful.

13. bnb25

bnb25 Android Expert

anyone else having a problem with their lte this morning? 7/16/2014 I keep getting a notification asking me to sign into network, when I click on it, it takes me to a t-mobile page saying "your data plan does not work on this device". I'm getting no data at all.

14. Had no data here in NYC from early this morning until just a little while ago.

15. Avera6

Avera6 Well-Known Member

Had the same issue this morning also, very strange. I rebooted my phone several times and it went back to normal but it was odd