• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LTE Download Speeds

I'm getting great speeds and haven't been getting the signal issues others have.

114676054.png

Edit: that's not max though, I've gotten into the 50-60 range in good days.

Upvote 0
Max i've ever seen is 9 down and about 4 up on 4G. This, less than 10 miles west of Washington DC in one of the most congested areas of the country. A joke for my first 4G phone.

Have you had other 4G Verizon phones tested in your area? You did mention yourself that it's a highly congested area, and that is actually claimed speeds from Verizon in such capacity. Just because many areas of lower populations have higher speeds, doesn't mean they'll stay that high as more and more people get on. It could simply be a congestion issue causing that speed you're seeing, unless other people are seeing much higher numbers in which case, might wanna have it checked out.

Upvote 0
Max i've ever seen is 9 down and about 4 up on 4G. This, less than 10 miles west of Washington DC in one of the most congested areas of the country. A joke for my first 4G phone.

Yup N.VA is crowded although i will say as soon as I get to Downtown SP My speeds drop to 15DL and 5Ul, with full bars and being right by a huge orange Verizon tower so yea kind of puzzling!

Upvote 0

What more do you want? What do you do on a phone where you need more? Play xbox live? Even then that should be good enough. That is about what I'm getting and my phone is super fast. I was actually quite suprise at the speeds I get than saw the stupid crazy fast speeds others get. I'm averaging 12 down 6 up right now. 1-3 bars. I have yet to see 4. Fayetteville/Raleigh.

Upvote 0
Wow you guys are getting great 4G speeds! I'm stuck with this:

Screenshot_2011-12-23-00-34-30.png

This can't be normal for my area (Pittsburgh). I need to see how the Rezound's 4G is, going to try and go up to a VZW store after the holidays and compare 4G speeds on each phone. I really dont want to change phones but this is killing me.

Upvote 0
According to the verizon website, this area is covered under LTE. I purchased my girlfriend the Verizon Galaxy Nexus but it doesnt recognize the LTE.

Is there a way to turn "on" LTE?

I go to SETTINGS, Wireless & Networks, MORE, and under Mobile Networks, the Network Mode is has LTE/CDMA selected.

Anyone?

Upvote 0
Here is what I'm seeing in Manhattan, NY:

I don't think I could squeeze anything extra out of a single Verizon LTE sector and it's 73.6mbps theoretical downlink lol :eek:

Dude where exactly in NYC are you seeing those speeds. Every time I'm in Manhattan, the BEST I get is 15Mbps or so. Care to share the general area that you managed this, so I could test my own phone? Its amazing that not only are the numbers so high, but they were pretty consistent.

Reactions: authority11
Upvote 0
Dude where exactly in NYC are you seeing those speeds. Every time I'm in Manhattan, the BEST I get is 15Mbps or so. Care to share the general area that you managed this, so I could test my own phone? Its amazing that not only are the numbers so high, but they were pretty consistent.
Sure, it's all over Upper West Side. They have tons of microcells all over local shops, restaurants, etc... Lots of pre existent dark fiber there.

Reactions: willstilson
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones