1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support LTE function takes a poop!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rominucka, May 29, 2011.

1. Rominucka

Rominucka Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 29, 2011
    It's hard to explain
    Delray Beach, FL
    In my house my 4g service is just lovely. But last night it crapped out. Only the upload arrow was lighting up. My signal strength was strong...finally I was having a problem with my phone.
    I knew it was me and not metro and that was confirmed this morning when I took my phone to my local store after taking the battery out and turning the LTE off and on with the functionality test.
    While the hot spanish chick was going through my phone she was taken aback by all my customizations and having trouble navigating. I thought i was doomed to be discovered as a rooter. My favorite part was when she rebooted my phone and the power-on sound was no longer the metro sound. She shot me a "WTF!" look. I said, "whoa, what was that?", while trying to hide my boner...she had some ass.
    She said to give it to her expert co-worker, cause he really knew Android well, and if he couldn't fix it they would send me a new phone, but i left cause i had things to do.

Later in the day, when i had a minute, i went through the LTE functionality menu and started hitting random shit. When i hit the API button...BOOM...LTE returned, but it didn't last. I switched LTE off and went to the Market and found an app called "Reset Connections" and it fixed everything. So if you're having a similar problem...get AnyCut to make a shortcut for the "LTE functionality test" and get the "Reset Connections" app. It's free.

Advertisement

2. ciper

ciper Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 31, 2011
    Metro has been working on the LTE connection in the last couple days. If you read the forums you would see a few posts about this including reps that dont know about the outage and others confirming that they are doing work and it would return in X hours

You should know already not to trust anything a Metro employee says because half the time they are misinformed and the other half they make up answers as they go along.

Why not reply to an existing thread instead of making a new one?

Eddy120876 likes this.
  3. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    ciper is right the LTE prob was not cuz of ur phone it was a a network prob this has been already happening for two days theres no app or settings u can install or reset to fix this, you can only wait for it to start working again.

4. Rominucka

Rominucka Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 29, 2011
    It's hard to explain
    Delray Beach, FL
    It wasn't metro. The girl's indulge was working on 4g just fine.

5. n4zty

n4zty Android Expert
    None

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    dude here and on howardforums we all had the same experience green arrow facing up was lit and nothing else on 4g wanting to work,browser,google voice anything that uses net connection would not work on 4g relax nothing to worry it will go back to normal.