1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LTE Nexus to receive 3 OTA updates

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jsward12, Dec 30, 2011.

1. jsward12

jsward12 Android Enthusiast

Talking with the VZW guys yesterday, they said the phone will be receiving three updates in the next three months. The first is due out by the end of January. They did not have any specifics on what the updates would address though.... figured this would be a good FYI for everyone.

chamjin and jbdan like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bjanow

bjanow Android Expert

The vzw guys know less that anyone else in the world. ;-) Don't believe it. Even though there will be updates, hopefully in the near future, they don't have a clue as to when it will be or even if it will be.

WormDoes and foo like this.
  3. jsward12

jsward12 Android Enthusiast

gapi likes this.
  4. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

sad but mostly true.

foo likes this.
  5. gapi

gapi Android Expert

There should be a sticky on how difficult it is to get accurate info at a Verizon store.
    The only thing that know is how much it costs today.

foo likes this.
  6. BubbaNexus

BubbaNexus Android Enthusiast

this.

vzw internal memos concerning updates are rarely correct.

foo likes this.
  7. Updates they are good on it's release dates for new phones you can't trust lol

8. noodle15

noodle15 Member

Do those guys know their company is starting to charge you to pay your bill?

9. BubbaNexus

unless you use a checking account. big deal.

Mr. Link likes this.
  10. Rdjr74

Rdjr74 Android Enthusiast

I think we all here on Phandroid are above the nonsense that Verizon in store memos and information passed along to the consumer is usually far from any truth.

I'll go ahead and file this under the "nonsense" folder. Not even getting a chance to be put into the "I'll believe t when I see it" folder.

Nice story though. ; )

11. Probably not, the big wigs kept those guys out of the loop on that one.

12. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

Thx for posting jsward! Any info is appreciated :)

Mr. Link likes this.
  13. TrumpetMan

TrumpetMan Android Enthusiast

I about flipped when I heard this until they said online check payments would not be charged and this is the way I pay my bills.

14. chamjin

chamjin Newbie

thanks for sharing op

15. gunit34328

gunit34328 Newbie

16. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

Yup, news media is taking it to extremes and false reporting. Don't affect me.

Wow, it's cancelled? Big shocker. Local utilities charge a fee online, or you can mail them a paper check. Doesn't make any sense.

17. gapi

gapi Android Expert

I hate the news media but CNN sure flexed its muscles on this one eh? I'm glad they are not on my case.

TheRoosevelt likes this.
  18. toker11

toker11 Well-Known Member

lol i work for verizon...its funny cuz i can normally read stuff on these android sites before we are notified of it by our company. sad but true. so i would say the guys who were talking about this update were blowin smoke...

and i can now put my kevlar back in my closet instead of having to wear it to work cuz of having to charge to pay bills. haha i think they have a monkey somewhere that makes decisions for the company. i dont get it...

19. val88

val88 Android Enthusiast

I would think after a month of threads to the effect of
    "I spoke to someone who is in the know at verizon and he says the GN will be out this thursday"

that we would all have learned our lesson.

20. BubbaNexus

yep, other cell companies have charged fees for years.

21. No they haven't.

22. drPheta

drPheta Well-Known Member

Seriously, I was at the VZW store earlier checking out the Incipio cases, and one customer was asking about the 4G phones. He specifically asked if the RAZR and Rezound would get ICS soon, or if he should get a Nexus. VZW rep stated that the both the RAZR and Rezound would "definitely get ICS soon." :rolleyes:

THEN, he claimed the 4G phones weren't receiving 4G in the store because of the data outage... the one that was resolved yesterday afternoon... while I just had 4G service before walking into the store... and the Nexus was at the front of the store showing a 4G icon on the screen.

Seriously, DO NOT LISTEN TO VZW REPS. This same rep also claimed the Nexus screen was the same size as the RAZR. Why would anyone take VZW reps words for any worth is beyond me.

Sandroidfan likes this.
  23. BubbaNexus

you ever been with another cell company? evidently not :cool:

sprint has been charging payment fees for at least 10 years.

24. rhietpas

rhietpas Member

Keep your vest and plates handy.

25. youngdoc

youngdoc Well-Known Member

No doubt some of the same Verizon reps are also saying "just wait until January 16th...that's when the first big OTA will be out!" The 16th being the holiday season return deadline...

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews