1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LTE on AT&T network?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dekdeavs, Dec 20, 2012.

1. dekdeavs

dekdeavs Lurker

Anyone on the AT&T network able to get LTE data speeds on their Nexus 4? I just read an article that people on select US cities have hacked their N4 to take advantage of LTE. If you're in the SF Bay Area and have LTE on your N4, please advise. Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. thebryceee

thebryceee Android Expert

The LTE hack is for band 4, which no US carriers support yet. It was for Canadian carriers. T-Mobile will be launching on that AWS band next year but they might push a software update to block LTE by then.

3. hstroph

hstroph Android Enthusiast

Not a "hack" per se, but just making the appropriate menu selection. PhoneInfo makes it easy to choose "LTE/GSM (auto)", but as others indicate, it won't do anything useful unless the service exists.

4. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Android Enthusiast

AT&T apparently has SOME LTE in band 4 in the US, but not much. I've seen a couple people get it working, but it's few and far between.

5. Thats

Thats That guy is This

AT&T is currently using test networks in the Band 4 frequencies in a few cities.

6. Monygg85

Monygg85 Newbie

I actually tried this yesterday with no luck in GA. Needless to say I havent tried everywhere, but at least in my area I couldnt catch LTE

Nexus 4 Forum

The Nexus 4 release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2100mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews