1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LTE ONOFF Radio Issues?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by defTwitch, May 16, 2011.

1. defTwitch

defTwitch Member

I have LTE ONOFF and thought everything was working fine. I only turn on 4g when I really want it due to battery concerns etc. etc. (I'm sure you know why its used with a t-bolt).

I have recently, however, not been able to receive phone calls sometimes when I turn off 4g.

I assumed I should switch it to EVO only as that would be the next fastest setting. I seem to get Data ok but some people who attempt to call me go right to my google voicemail and/or get a message that my phone number is not currently enabled!?

Should I be using CDMA auto (PRL) or CDMA only instead? (not sure what difference is between these two)

Or depending on where I am should I switch between the two CMDA settings and EVO? I hope that's not the case but if so how would one know which to use when?

I just want to have "normal" 3g that's reliable without having to worry about missing calls. I was hoping that if EVO wasn't available it would just use the next "best" connection and drop all the way down to 1x is necessary.

When I have it on the "default" (CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto) I never have any issues with phone calls. Whether I'm actually in a 4g area or not.

Any help greatly appreciated!

-defTwitch-

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

I use the CDMA auto as I heard this is the setting you use for 3g only.

3. defTwitch

defTwitch Member

I'll give it a whirl... thanks!

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews