• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Since "CDMA Only" is an option, I'm not sure why you would want an app to do it for you. Where I work, however, we are in a 4G area but it switches back and forth a lot. That switching causes major delays. I'd rather know if there was a way to switch to "LTE Only" so it could recover faster from a bad signal.

P.S. We make space flight electronics here where I work, so there is plenty of interference. It isn't just a fringe zone.

Upvote 0
The phone has a setting to turn on or off the LTE , go into setting and click on power and it will give you 3 power setting to choose from. For my daily use I choose " normal " . I herd they might be removing this setting in the ics update but I hope not

That is nifty. What I'm looking for is a widget that can toggle this with one tap

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, the OS doesn't allow programs to be able to change that setting directly. So there is no one-tap widget. It might be possible with root, but I haven't seen any widgets that claim to do it.

I tried the widget you mentioned Plus a few others. My favorite is 4G Toggle, because when you tap on "Network Mode" you only see the two options you want: CDMA/LTE or CDMA ONLY. Some of the others show you about 3 additional options you'll never use.

Reactions: gidget
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones