1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

LTE SIM Card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mobimop, Dec 22, 2013.

1. mobimop

mobimop Well-Known Member

My better half has my Galaxy Nexus and I just ordered her a new Nexus 5 for x-mas. She is on t-mobile post paid plan, do you know if I have to get a new SIM card for LTE to work? Can we just move the SIM card over and expect LTE to function?

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. akmsr

akmsr Android Enthusiast

nexus 5 takes micro sim card.....so if yours is micro then you just swap. just realized something. does galaxy nexus support LTE? if not then get a new one.

3. mobimop

Thanks looks like we need a new SIM card.

4. bac22

bac22 Well-Known Member

If you are switching to T-Mobile's $30 plan, you can get the SIM card at Walmart with 1 month service.

T-Mobile SIM Kit: No-Contract Phones & Plans : Walmart.com

You can still get the card there and upgrade to a better plan if need be. The $30 month plan only comes with 100 minutes of talk time.

5. mobimop

Thanks she is on tmobile already I was just trying to avoid a trip to the store.

6. Bartman2

Bartman2 Lurker

I would just try the sim from the other phone, update the PRL see what you get. Also I just ordered a new sim from T Mobile's sight for free in case you need to get a new one.

7. mmoy

mmoy Well-Known Member

I've updated two phones that required new SIMs from AT&T. Just walked in the store, asked for one and they gave it to me.

8. zipred

zipred Android Expert

It's definitely worth the time to go into you're carrier for a new sim, you'll be glad you did. I'm on AT&T with one and it's blazing fast. Noticeably faster than my brothers running on his eighteen month old sim. Needless to say upon seeing the differences he made a beeline to his carrier :)

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews