• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LTE Tiered Data To Begin July 7th

That's what I'm thinking. I've been with VZW for 7 years. If they let me grandfather in I'll stay until renewal time. Then I'll switch to AT&T. I plan on hitting up a few countries in the next few years so it might be beneficial anyway. Not only that but they're cheaper.
Forget it, don't even think about switching to AT&T. I'm running away from AT&T and their crappy network as soon as I can.

Over the last couple of months I've seen more dropped/failed calls, slower data, and higher latency.

AT&T may be cheaper but you're getting a worse experience for it. Stay where you are.

Reactions: ekyle
Upvote 0
Forget it, don't even think about switching to AT&T. I'm running away from AT&T and their crappy network as soon as I can.

Over the last couple of months I've seen more dropped/failed calls, slower data, and higher latency.

AT&T may be cheaper but you're getting a worse experience for it. Stay where you are.
D***... thanks. I was hoping they'd improved since I'd used their service last. I guess I'll have to stick to VZW's "global phones" then.

Upvote 0
I picked up the Droid X the day it came out (7/16/10). I will be eligible to get a new phone at the 2 year price on (7/16/11).... The only problem is that the new tiered pricing looks like it is going to start 9 days before that.

Seeing that I am using between 5-7 Gigs of data per month, my bill is going to go through the roof if I lock in to a new contract after the new pricing tiers start.

Are any of you X users looking to upgrade before the tiered pricing starts, and if so, how?

Upvote 0
Newest story on Droid Life has it to where you can upgrade your phone and keep your plan the same. Only new customers, new lines and upgrade on lines without a data plan will HAVE to go to the tiered data plans. So at lease to awhile we should be fine to upgrade and keep our current unlimited data plans.

Now that being said who is going to want to come to Verizon with a new plan??? Unless Verizon feels that they have enough customers and make enough money (don't know of any company that feels this way) or they are just banking on customers without a data plan currently get one at the tiered rates this is a dumb move on their part.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/06/2...-by-tiered-data-only-new-customers-and-lines/

Upvote 0
To do the job right, you might need to get some of this. Those prices for data, this will help it not hurt to bad

Attachments

• kyjelly.jpg
    kyjelly.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 64
Upvote 0
My biggest question is if I should get a 4G phone to upgrade to unlimited 4G to be grandfathered in or stick with my unlimited 3G with my Incredible. I have the $20 off data per line promotion but it sounds like I can upgrade to 4G and still keep that.

3G/4G pay the same price, I don't think that would matter. At least I hope not! I have an Inc. right now that's 3G. I plan for my next phone to be a 4G one.

Upvote 0
My biggest question is if I should get a 4G phone to upgrade to unlimited 4G to be grandfathered in or stick with my unlimited 3G with my Incredible. I have the $20 off data per line promotion but it sounds like I can upgrade to 4G and still keep that.
I believe 3G and 4G data options are just considered "data" in their system. Unless that changes I wouldn't think it would matter.

Upvote 0
Well, it's not really rape since we are opting in. Rape is usually against your will or power. I may look at Sprint unless I can keep unlimited when upgrading In two years.

Hopefully you understand I didn't mean literal rape;)

If this move bothers anyone they should look into sprint and see what their coverage is where they live and do some comparisons. Be a smart consumer.

Upvote 0
Hopefully you understand I didn't mean literal rape;)

If this move bothers anyone they should look into sprint and see what their coverage is where they live and do some comparisons. Be a smart consumer.

That's good advice and, the only way to make it known and count if we are not satisfied is to vote with cash.

Sprint is looking better to me but I love VZW coverage.

Reactions: 2strokenut
Upvote 0
That's good advice and, the only way to make it known and count if we are not satisfied is to vote with cash.

Sprint is looking better to me but I love VZW coverage.
Sprint doesn't have very good coverage in several places that I frequent unfortunately. AT&T was my only other option but a member in another thread highly suggested I don't go that route lol.

Upvote 0
Verizon really needs to watch what they do now that AT&T and T-Mobile have hooked up.They ( AT&T) will have just as good as coverage if not better than Verizon. I have been w/ Verizon since before they were Verizon mainly b/c of the coverage and customer service, but if they do this they might be losing me. I was very disappointed that they took away the new every two promo, but this is down right screwing your customers. If this holds true I thought I would never say this, but hello AT&T.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones