• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LTE vs HSPA+ only?

tannersky

Jun 14, 2010
As far as I am aware, the unlocked G-Nex available now is HSPA+ only, but there is an LTE version planned.

Which networks/frequencies will let you use HSPA+? Which for LTE?

Is LTE worth the wait?

I can't have the locked/non-quadband/CDMA, in case that's what Verizon is coming with. For me, must work in Europe as well as US!

Thanks for the clarifications!

This is a good question, there are plenty of CDMA phones that are "world phones". Is the galaxy nexus one of them?

no, the LTE GNex is not a world phone. it only supports the CDMA network, specifically the following
CDMA: 800 / 1900
3G Network: CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
4G Network LTE: 700

if you want a world phone, the GSM GNex is the one you would need to pick up. hope this helps :)

Upvote 0
This is a good question, there are plenty of CDMA phones that are "world phones". Is the galaxy nexus one of them?

From my understanding no the Galaxy Nexus is not one of them. The Verizon LTE won't work overseas, the HSPA + version is more the world phone because well a lot of the world uses GSM.

But sadly it does not house both a GSM/CDMA radio if I'm not speaking incorrectly.

Upvote 0
From my understanding no the Galaxy Nexus is not one of them. The Verizon LTE won't work overseas, the HSPA + version is more the world phone because well a lot of the world uses GSM.

But sadly it does not house both a GSM/CDMA radio if I'm not speaking incorrectly.

not only is the GSM GNex a world phone because a lot of the world uses GSM, but also because it's pentaband. very few phones are pentaband.

and no problem! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones