• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Lunar-Gen [Final] (Admire Oxygen) [Inspired by oxygen rom]

I couldn't wait t flash this ROM, so I had to find out what didn't work, such as HD. HD actually does work for YouTube, which I am very glad about that. Besides that, this is by far the BEST ROM that I put on my Admire. It runs smoothly, and I have over 50 apparently on there. On other ROMs I HD a hard time getting all these apparently onto here while makig it run smooth. Great, great, great ROM. I love it.

Upvote 0
By the way, this is by far the best rom for the admire, i tried monster and it has some serious issues regarding data for us lazy people who dont want to constantly re-flash and re-flash their phones.

This one works the best, has absolutely no lag :D (tho download rooted memory manager to keep it from lagging with a bunch of stuff open) and a good music eq, better bass boost than beats audio and its wonderful.

smooth scrolling in launcher, nice widgets (after you unlock it >.>) that make it work better and dont slow the phonedown at all.

To be honest with you my phonenow runs better than it ever has and its because of this rom. i dont think i will ever experience lag and my little admire can now run a n64 emulator perfectly :) which means psx emulator here i come!

No matter whats running the clock increase is insane.

WARNING--

the 3g optimization in this rom is not what it appears to be. my 3g through metro (ugh) was faster in vanilla than on this rom. idk why so i state this as a warning.

---

its amazing tho everyone, check it out. and unlock launcher pro...>.> i mean we are already rooting this device why be limited by the launcher?

thank you for your time,

Upvote 0
By the way, this is by far the best rom for the admire, i tried monster and it has some serious issues regarding data for us lazy people who dont want to constantly re-flash and re-flash their phones.

This one works the best, has absolutely no lag :D (tho download rooted memory manager to keep it from lagging with a bunch of stuff open) and a good music eq, better bass boost than beats audio and its wonderful.

smooth scrolling in launcher, nice widgets (after you unlock it >.>) that make it work better and dont slow the phonedown at all.

To be honest with you my phonenow runs better than it ever has and its because of this rom. i dont think i will ever experience lag and my little admire can now run a n64 emulator perfectly :) which means psx emulator here i come!

WARNING--

the 3g optimization in this rom is not what it appears to be. my 3g through metro (ugh) was faster in vanilla than on this rom. idk why so i state this as a warning.

---

its amazing tho everyone, check it out. and unlock launcher pro...>.> i mean we are already rooting this device why be limited by the launcher?

thank you for your time,

Well it's debatable about this being the best rom. And monster doesn't have data issues. If you do you just gotta make sure you flash stock++ first before flashing monster. But i will agree with you that 3g isn't that fast. It seems like it's worse compared to even the stock rom( don't know why that is). And no promoting piracy as it says in the edit. No rom comes with paid apps. They're all free and will remain that way.

Upvote 0

WARNING--

---

thank you for your time,

Which psx emulator are u gonna use. I been trying to find one to use on my attain. And yea, paid apps in roms can instantly get your rom removed so please buy the unlocker when getting the rom going

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0
does this have a2sd or support adding it to boot?

And how long do you have to wait for the google play store to fix itself?

Ive been unable to dld any apps since flashing this rom getting error 492 and google store crashing everytime I go to save a file.

if you mean native a2sd then yes and if you also mean if supports autostart scrips then another yes.

And it's not that the store is broken you just gotta give it about 10-15mins to finish setting up. To get rid of error 492 then reflash the rom

Upvote 0
if you mean native a2sd then yes and if you also mean if supports autostart scrips then another yes.

And it's not that the store is broken you just gotta give it about 10-15mins to finish setting up. To get rid of error 492 then reflash the rom

You forgot to mention he doesn't have to wipe anything before flashing a 2nd time :)

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0
Thanks. I did the reflash once but right after flashing then wiping all the data, as thats what it seemed to say in the posts.

Been waiting a full day for it to self-fix, lol.

Reflashing now and seeing if it works. I'm pretty new to roms in general, so its all a learning curve to me.

I've been looking all week for a rom that was barebones 2.3.6 with metropcs support and would have a2sd in it so i can send my cache to sd (no luck with any other roms so far, and havent tried on this on yet since I couldnt dld any apps like terminal yet).

Crossing my fingers!

Reactions: genovdot
Upvote 0
ok, it works... but slow. I mean seriously seriously slow.

Is there anything I can do to make this run a bit faster? It took over 5 minutes to get to the downloading portion and then an other 15 just to get link2sd on my phone. Thats crazy.

Also, I know its OT, but could someone point a scrub to a faq/website that can teach me how to alter and cook roms? I cant seem to find anything solid off google.

TY

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones