• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LWP on root question

I am current running Ivans official 1.0 rom. If I download the Live Wallpaper Patch and flash it will Ivans rom support this. I have looked for the answer but can not seem to find it. I love this rom and feel like it is the only thing that it is missing. Thanks for the help. Also if anybody has Ivans official 1.0 and is running LWP how is it?

I ran across a thread over at XDA that mentioned using Ivan's Rom with JCase's OpenGL patch and Helix Launcher to run the Live Wallpapers. This was reported for the 0.8.2 version, so I would be surprised if it wouldn't work with the more polished 1.0 version. I guess just give it a shot. It shouldn't be hard to find JCase's file, but if you can't find it, I can send you a link. Also, if the LWP Patch does work, then you should be able to use other Launchers that support LWPs instead of just Helix, in case that isn't your cup of tea.

Upvote 0
You are very welcome. I like to help where I can. At least it was a partial success. I really don't understand the process of the live wallpapers well enough to get why some of them work (it seems the Matrix and Maps LWPs seem to work often) and some others cause nothing but issues. Another LWP I have had success with is 3D Galaxy. It's simple, but essentially it appears as if you are flying through space where you can change the colors of the stars and/or comets and during a double tap of the screen it accelerates. Anyway, have a good one...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones