• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sleedeane

Android Expert
Jul 6, 2011
Columbia, MO.
uploadfromtaptalk1462321440488.jpg

I haven't been offered an update. Anybody with ATT have marshmallow on their s6?
Thank you.

Thank you.
Darn it. I've heard nothing but good about marshmallow and can hardly wait.

I think regardless of device,Marshmallow is the best thing to happen to Android in years:
Per app permission management & battery life improvements are awesome.

I had the S7 Edge briefly & could get 1.5-2 days of workday use no problem.
Battery life is vastly improved on the Note5 since the upgrade,I suspect you'll see similar improvements.
If you're on the fence as to getting a new phone & otherwise are satisfied with the S6 Edge,I'd stick it out & wait for Marshmallow.

Reactions: Snakeyeskm
Upvote 0
I think regardless of device,Marshmallow is the best thing to happen to Android in years:
Per app permission management & battery life improvements are awesome.

I had the S7 Edge briefly & could get 1.5-2 days of workday use no problem.
Battery life is vastly improved on the Note5 since the upgrade,I suspect you'll see similar improvements.
If you're on the fence as to getting a new phone & otherwise are satisfied with the S6 Edge,I'd stick it out & wait for Marshmallow.

I'm definitely sticking it out. I've had 6 or 8 Samsung's and the 6 with lollipop is incredible little known when it has marshmallow. May I ask why you only had the s7 briefly?

Upvote 0
View attachment 104489

I haven't been offered an update. Anybody with ATT have marshmallow on their s6?
Thank you.

Me again. Well, I'm not whining about my 6.0 anymore. I got that this morning.

So I tried Pingpong and Kingsroot again since neither would work on 5.1.1.

My 13 digit build number is a little different after M, but 5 of the numbers are still off from the list of supported devices for root.

But anyway, I use Purify, a task manager made and recommended by xda, that is part of the Kingsroot that won't work on my phone, but the Purify does.

After being unsuccessful at trying to root with KR, I thought I would hit the Purifys Boost button since I was right there anyways.

But now the Purify app just keeps running and running. No button on this phone will do anything as Purify is running.

I haven't looked around to see if Purify is incompatible with 6.0 or something as I have very limited access to the internet with my phone not working.

I don't know what you call an app that won't stop running. Is this what they call a bootloop or a soft brick or a (egads) hard brick?
I'm hoping after the battery dies and the phone shuts down maybe all will be as it was.

Thank you all very much.

Upvote 0
Me again. Well, I'm not whining about my 6.0 anymore. I got that this morning.

So I tried Pingpong and Kingsroot again since neither would work on 5.1.1.

My 13 digit build number is a little different after M, but 5 of the numbers are still off from the list of supported devices for root.

But anyway, I use Purify, a task manager made and recommended by xda, that is part of the Kingsroot that won't work on my phone, but the Purify does.

After being unsuccessful at trying to root with KR, I thought I would hit the Purifys Boost button since I was right there anyways.

But now the Purify app just keeps running and running. No button on this phone will do anything as Purify is running.

I haven't looked around to see if Purify is incompatible with 6.0 or something as I have very limited access to the internet with my phone not working.

I don't know what you call an app that won't stop running. Is this what they call a bootloop or a soft brick or a (egads) hard brick?
I'm hoping after the battery dies and the phone shuts down maybe all will be as it was.

Thank you all very much.
Try this:
http://www.droid-life.com/2015/04/15/galaxy-s6-edge-frozen-fix/

Reactions: sleedeane
Upvote 0
I tried every combination of button pushing I could think of. I couldn't get it to respond to my desires no matter how bad I wished it.
No recovery mode or dl mode or anything.

Fortuneatly the battery dying (it was 100%before this all started, of course) did the trick. It booted right up no problem.

But it only took about 12 hours of nothing but the Purify app (and maybe a dozen or so other apps that always run) to totally kill the battery.

As most multi taskers do.
Purify too?

xda (I think keen. Or maybe I'm thinking of pingpong) made it and as far as I know speak highly of it.
If you can't trust them who can you trust.

So, does anybody have an opinion about Purify, and does anybody know what happened for awhile there with my phone?

Thank you all again.

Upvote 0
I tried every combination of button pushing I could think of. I couldn't get it to respond to my desires no matter how bad I wished it.
No recovery mode or dl mode or anything.

Fortuneatly the battery dying (it was 100%before this all started, of course) did the trick. It booted right up no problem.

But it only took about 12 hours of nothing but the Purify app (and maybe a dozen or so other apps that always run) to totally kill the battery.

As most multi taskers do.
Purify too?

xda (I think keen. Or maybe I'm thinking of pingpong) made it and as far as I know speak highly of it.
If you can't trust them who can you trust.

So, does anybody have an opinion about Purify, and does anybody know what happened for awhile there with my phone?

Thank you all again.

Which model of the S6 Edge do you have & are you on the latest update?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones