1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

m4 Aqua permanent damage?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Android Question

I rinsed my aqua under some hot water and now I have some dark and light blobs on the screen. Is this permanent?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Maybe it's the screen protector ? If so it's usually removable.

mikedt likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Could be screen protector, if there's one on there, or could be condensation or moisture within the screen. Remove the battery immediately and let it dry-out completely, otherwise you might be buying a new phone. Although it's supposed to water-resistant, it could be it wasn't.

4. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

How hot was the water? Hand-hot should be okay, but anything close to boiling point may exceed the operating specs and damage the LCD.

The M4 is a sealed unit... no removeable battery.

If the external card access doors were in place then it should be IP68-compliant. There are moisture tell-tales behind the doors that can confirm this; if these are unaltered but water ingress is found then Sony normally treat it as a warranty issue.

Hadron and mikedt like this.
  5. norb

norb Android Enthusiast

What are the moisture tells? I am probably screwed on that as I was using ( how the foc do you turn off this awful autocorrect?) c l o r o x wipes (c l o r o x is not Cloris!) to wipe off the ports because the lady at the store was picking her nose when she opened them to see where the Sim card goes. I think the water went through the power and photo buttons as the blobs were at the bottom of the screen opposite the ports. The blobs are going away now. I had some problems with the phone not staying on, but now that seems to be diminishing. And then the phone came on on its own. Hopefully that has stopped. The power button still a bit wonky and seems to recognize quick presses as long presses. And for some reason by wallpaper disappeared and I had to reinstate it. Otherwise seems slow and leggy as it was before.

6. norb

norb Android Enthusiast

Laggy. f ING Laggy you stupid f ING autocorrect! I hope whoever made autocorrect goes to prison.

7. glc

glc Android Enthusiast

So turn autocorrect off if you don't like it.

8. norb

norb Android Enthusiast

If I could find the option I would.

9. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Look in the keyboard settings. If it doesn't have the option, install another keyboard which does.

The buttons are sealed, so if water actually did go through those it's a warranty issue.

10. norb

norb Android Enthusiast

I found the autocorrect. It was under something that I thought was a sort of notification.

Hadron likes this.