• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

M7Sprint bootloop no system

Can you explain exactly what you did and what it says? How did you install TWRP, for example, and precisely which version (it absolutely needs to be compatible with the particular phone model you have)? What is saying that the storage "is not formatted"? Does TWRP work at all? If so, did you try to do anything using it before you got this problem?

This should be fixable, but it's a matter of knowing precisely what state the device is in, which is why I'm asking these questions.

Worst case, as long as you can still get into the bootloader (hboot or fastboot screens) you should be able to recover it, even if that means flashing a stock ROM and then starting again. And the fact that something is giving error messages, rather than the phone just being dead, tells me that the bootloader is intact still ;).

One other thing: how did you unlock the bootloader, and is the phone S-On or S-Off? That last question might be relevant if you have to use a stock RUU to recover it.

Upvote 0
Hello, thank for reply.
I has rooted my phone, cause i want to install a custom rom.
My phone is unlocked and M7_UL S-ON
HBOOT-1.61.0000
RADIO-4T.35.3218.16
OpenDSP-v35.120.274.0718
OS-
TWRP v2.8.7.0
I flashed the recovery with fastboot working.
Thats the only thing is starting, TWRP and fastboot
What shall i do for a working system?

Upvote 0
Hello, thank for reply.
I has rooted my phone, cause i want to install a custom rom.
My phone is unlocked and M7_UL S-ON
HBOOT-1.61.0000
RADIO-4T.35.3218.16
OpenDSP-v35.120.274.0718
OS-
TWRP v2.8.7.0
I flashed the recovery with fastboot working.
Thats the only thing is starting, TWRP and fastboot
What shall i do for a working system?
How does it boot to TWRP? Is it when you power on the phone and it boot straight to TWRP? Or you first boot to hboot then from hboot to TWRP?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Can you explain exactly what you did and what it says? How did you install TWRP, for example, and precisely which version (it absolutely needs to be compatible with the particular phone model you have)? What is saying that the storage "is not formatted"? Does TWRP work at all? If so, did you try to do anything using it before you got this problem?

This should be fixable, but it's a matter of knowing precisely what state the device is in, which is why I'm asking these questions.

Worst case, as long as you can still get into the bootloader (hboot or fastboot screens) you should be able to recover it, even if that means flashing a stock ROM and then starting again. And the fact that something is giving error messages, rather than the phone just being dead, tells me that the bootloader is intact still ;).

One other thing: how did you unlock the bootloader, and is the phone S-On or S-Off? That last question might be relevant if you have to use a stock RUU to recover it.

Can you give me a way to set my device to a lineagos or similar?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/m7/install

huh? what do you mean? i don't understand when you say that it "is not possible to put data with computer". you can't connect the phone to the pc? or that the pc does not see your phone?
Hello, the internal storage does not work or unformatted, i cant copy data from pc to device. the computer does not show me the storage

Upvote 0
internal storage should be working because your os resides on a partition of the internal storage. do you mean that the sd card is formatted as storage? or is it formatted as portable?

and you do not need anything on your phone in order to flash lineage or twrp. the guide that i linked earlier says you can side load lineage using adb commands.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your link, everything working well!!!!
So what was the fix? Did you flash a stock RUU to recover the device, or did you manage to get a ROM installed? And if you did manage to install the ROM, how did you do it (use TWRP to format the internal storage?)?

As an aside, if you have a USB OTG adapter you can connect a USB flash drive and flash a ROM from that, or write a TWRP backup to it. That's how I did these things when I had an M7, rather than bother trying to copy the ROM to the internal storage after doing the factory reset which you need to do as part of the ROM install.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones