• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

m8 android box help

Angie82

Lurker
Mar 5, 2021
Hi there guys. ive joined this forum hoping someone can help me. Im not too bad with android boxes considering I'm not a tech geek but i got an m8 android box off ebay, it displays fine and works but i cant get fileinked, downloader, kodi and any of my movie apps, ive tried everything i can think of. If anyone knows what the problem is your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi there guys. ive joined this forum hoping someone can help me. Im not too bad with android boxes considering I'm not a tech geek but i got an m8 android box off ebay, it displays fine and works but i cant get fileinked, downloader, kodi and any of my movie apps, ive tried everything i can think of. If anyone knows what the problem is your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Well what have you actually tried, like installing them from Play Store, or sideloading the APKs from another source, and what actually happens, like what errors are you seeing?

I've got a T95 Android box myself, and I use Kodi on it installed from Google Play.

Upvote 0
I agree with what @mikedt posted, there's a lot of missing information and necessary details to make any kind of relevant suggestions.
If you're relying on apps from the Play Store, did you successfully enter your Google account info in the Settings menu. if you're Google account isn't authenticated, you can't install apps from the Play Store.
If you're installing apps via APKs however, without knowing just what the error messages are it's hard to determine what the problem is.

Offhand, buying something like a set top box off of Ebay 'could' be a problem. If new, not so much but if pre-owned than you're buying something that has an increased potential for weird issues, like not being able to readily install apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones