• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

M8 box stopped working online

Hopefully someone can help last night I was using the box when we had a power cut in the street

When the power came back on the box turns on but doesn't seem to be connecting to the internet anymore all the apps come on and when you go into the network settings it finds and says it's connected to my network (both on wifi and Ethernet)

However when I try to use it online in anyway Netflix, play store, browser etc nothing will load up

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Additionally I'm not sure if it's just my eyes but the blue light at the front of the unit now apears to be a much paler blue

Have you rebooted your modem (cable/DSL) and also rebooted your router? You're sure you're getting an IP address with your M8? Did you try disabling all networking from your Android setup and then re-enabling it, making sure you're getting an IP? Can you load your router's menu in a web browser on your M8? Usually that would be IP 192.168.1.1, depending on your router (could also be 192.168.10.1 - you have to check your LAN and see which subset of IPs your using). If you can see your router's main menu via your M8, then you know your TCP/IP is working well up to the router - then you have to troubleshoot your LAN/WAN connectivity.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones