• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root M8 brick - advice appreciated

UPDATE: Fixed by following the tutorial below:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-m8/help/tutorial-how-to-stock-stock-twrp-t3086860

Hi There,

I am joining the growing people who fall into the 'all the gear, no idea category'.

I have an HTC M8, and i wanted to put CM12.1 onto the phone as my other HTC M8 goes off for repair due to a bent volume button.
The phone i bough was old, and i thought i would just do a similar thing to what i did with my Z2 and just install the Cm12.1 zip and GAPPS via twrp.

Sadly the bootloader version was not high enough for that ROM (being 3,16 - needed to be 3.18 or 3.19). I then had trouble in the phone updating to the latest software and I have been fiddling around with the thing for hours and am digging myself into a deeper and deeper hole trying to get the thing usable again.

The phone now has no OS, and i did not do a Nandroid back up. Genius...
I would love to get this thing back to stock an dtry it again with a bit more care. Have done some reading, but i cant seem to find a ROM that will flash.

If someone would be kind enough to tell me what i need to do based on the details below; i would be very grateful.

TWRP installed. Everything else is basically a mess...

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 3.16.0.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.15.2133156.UA13G
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main:
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: XXXXXXXXXXXX
(bootloader) imei: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
(bootloader) imei2: Not Support
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m8_ul
(bootloader) platform: hTCBmsm8974
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B10000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__203
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 0mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: ab0efa49
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

Hope to hear back soon.

Regards

Mike

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones