1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

M8 developr / unlocked

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mexikhan, Oct 14, 2014.

1. mexikhan

mexikhan Lurker

I ordered the HTC one M8 developer by mistake thinking it was the unlocked version, so far the only thing I have found that is different is that the bootloader is unlocked, but I am not 100% sure.

Are there any other differences between both, I got tired of having to deal with contracts or even the new plans where you paid the phone over time without a contract why just not get directly from the Hardware vendor. But my main concern I use like good enterprise app that checks if you have root enable, does the HTC developer has root or just the bootloader unlocked?

sorry for my noob question.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mruno

mruno Android Expert

It does not have root. If you want to use Good and have root, you can use the root cloaker xposed module.

mexikhan likes this.
  3. mexikhan

mexikhan Lurker

Thanks, will look into the root cloaker, I had an LG optimus and I rooted and then freaked out when good stop working, so I unrooted the device, with this one I am sure I am going to tinker more with it.

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews