1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support M8 needs replacing, but are about to switch carrers

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by ned4spd8874, Mar 16, 2016.

1. ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874 Android Enthusiast
    None

I got my M8 from tmo and am on that plan where I will own it in the end. But we are about to switch carriers this weekend because we're simply tired of tmo's bull and also want to try and save some money on our plan.

My phone has been locking up and just hasn't been acting right for a little while now and I called tmo to have it replaced. They are working on replacing it under the factory warranty, but the problem is they don't show it as coming from them! (yet another reason we need to switch) I don't know how long this is going to take for them to replace this phone.

So if we do switch carriers, will I still be able to get my m8 replaced under the warranty? I was thinking I could sell it once I get my new phone, but I won't be able to get anything for a defective phone.

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Are you ending the T-mobile contract legally and amicably, like the account is paid up-to-date and paying the ETF? If the warranty is still current, and the phone is actually yours, then yes, I think it should still be under warranty. But might be best to check with T-mobile or HTC first though.

3. ned4spd8874

ned4spd8874 Android Enthusiast
    None

I can't remember the name of the deal, but it's the one where you pay a certain amount a month and at the end of a year or two you own the phone. We're about 6 months away from paying it off. So when we switch we're going to have to pay the balance owed on the phone. But sprint will pay us what tmo charges us when we switch.

4. Xavier Black

Xavier Black Android Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    Oh boy..you are about to dance with a sneaky devil..sprint is the worse of the worse..I was with them for 13 years..they add you charges as they wish..not questions asked..no matter if you can't pay..is like this people trying to elect that ass trump..that's like going backwards..I wouldn't do that if I were you..very wrong move specially you mentioned you are trying to "save"..just saying.