• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

fecalslash

Lurker
Nov 28, 2012
I just recently got my old huawei activated. It is currently running 2.1 build 1. The problem here is that the android market, i can open it and run it, but there are only maybe 5-10 apps showing up and i cannot download or update anything. I know this is probably due to the release of Google play. I was told that the android market is suppose to automatically update to Google play, but it has not done so.

My phone is currently not rooted. I know i could root it, and update the android firmware and be able to download google play from there. But is there anyway to get it running with my current build without too much hassle?

Leave wifi on and wait? Wifi has been constantly on.

Just did a hard reset.

Went to open android market, and the page for terms of service wouldnt even load.

Rooting and Flashing, allows me to do what exactly? that would solve my problem?
Yes, because CM7 is a newer version of Android, which will give you access to more apps. Many probably don't support 2.1 any more, so they won't even show up in the Market/Play store.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones