• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help M8S OTT TV Box cache issue with Popcorn Time

pmcd53

Lurker
Sep 23, 2016
I have been using this box for a couple of months now so I know my way around it fairly well but I am no Android expert. I am using Popcorn Time as a standalone app, not under Kodi, for TV shows etc but have an issue when the download stream exceeds approx 1 GB - Popcorn issues the msg "No disk space available".
My research indicates that the latest version of Popcorn is able to use an external SD card as a work around for this cache issue. However I cannot see anywhere in the Popcorn Settings where this can be done. The current settings show the Popcorn cache folder situated at /storage/emulated/0/time4popcorn with a storage capacity of 1.04 GB. I am using the latest version of Popcorn Time - Android - Beta 2.7.6.2
Any ideas on how to force Popcorn to use the SD card for downloads etc. ?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones