• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mac address not from Samsung

Ellanfo

Lurker
Oct 21, 2012
My wife new Note 2 mac address appears to come from Murata Manufactuaring (no really, that's how Fing and other apps return the vendor's name) Should I be concern? If even the manufacturing was misspelt, could this unit be bogus? But we bought from a legit outlet and it even has the telecom authority Id reference. Is it normal for Samsung phone to be recognised from other manufacturer?

Many thanks in advance!

Thanks. Actually my Acer Netbook was recognised by Fing before to have Murata Manufacturing (the correct spelling) but this time it has the wrong spelling. And then my Note 2 white bought in Oct last year was recognised to be from Samsung.

So with my wife new Note 2 ruby red, when Fing recognised as Murata with wrong spelling, I was a bit concern. Guess there's nothing to worry. Thanks everyone!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones