1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Mac and Root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bradmatic, Sep 16, 2010.

1. bradmatic

bradmatic Guest

Is it possible to do the steps required to root if I have a mac?

Advertisement

2. Droidus

Droidus Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
  3. lonzom10

lonzom10 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Customer Service Manager
    Seymour, TN
    I'm a newb to rooting and decided to try it tonight on me and my wife's Fasciantes using the instructions in the link above. The video was extremely helpful. I think it actually took me longer to download the files and make sure they were in the right location than it did for me to root both phones. Again, a very good tutorial... the only issue I ran into was that I had reboot my phone at the rage.bin portion of the process and then start over. Once I did this it worked perfect.

4. bradmatic

bradmatic Guest

5. Araliss

Araliss Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    That's where I got stuck in the process. It was my first time trying to root so I tried it one more time (Without rebooting) and got stuck at the same spot so I gave up. Maybe I'll reboot and try it again.

6. artman540

artman540 Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Restaurant manager
    Kissimmee, Florida
    the rar file isnt working for me

7. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Top Secret
    WA
    I rooted from my PC. However, there is a one click root available from the market where you dont even need your mac. RyanZA's One Click Lag Fix has a rooting option built in. Check it out

8. NOsquid

NOsquid Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Ryan mentioned on XDA a couple of weeks ago that the one click root wouldn't work on this phone.

9. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Top Secret
    WA
    You are right. Earlier today I tried to unroot and reroot using the app. You can un root but not root

10. Dtatch

Dtatch Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Hey guys if you are still searching for help on root, I run a linux distro and unix is very similar so I could walk you through it. I'm not really sure what all methods are out for the fascinate currently but I used the one at rootzwiki. It's a step by step command line process but in essence is the same thing as any other root method.