1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mac Photos app doesn't recognise S10+

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dougie Nucleus, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Dougie Nucleus

Good Day All.

When I connect my Galaxy Note 2 to the iMac (OS 10.13.6), "Photos" opened and the images were imported automatically. It also worked with iPhoto", the previous app. I can't recall how I set up the phone to do that, and of course the S10+ won't play.

After some research I have got into developer mode and authorised USB debugging, and set the default USB config to "Transferring Images". No joy.

I have Android File Transfer on the Mac, which apparently I had for some years. It claims "No Android Device Found".

Most of the methods I have found online involve complicated file transfer methods, into separate apps, from which I then would have to import them into "Photos". Surely it can't be that complicated if the Note 2 did it on its own?

I would be grateful for any advice!

Many Thanks - Dougie

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

How long have you had Android File Transfer? It's not updated often, but you need the 2017 version (1.0.12) or later. Older versions will not work with recent versions of Android.

Dannydet likes this.
  3. Dougie Nucleus

Thanks Hadron, I downloaded it yesterday before the attempts described above.

Word on Apple forums is that it's a 'phone setting issue, and I seem to recall that from getting the Note 2 to talk to Photos several years go.

I now have Samsung DeX and Smart Switch on the Mac, restarted after each. Still no recognition. Photos on the iMac still recognises the Note 2 immediately.

Spoke to Samsung Tech help - apparently they get a lot of calls about the same problem, blaming a recent Samsung update.

#3 Dougie Nucleus, Nov 11, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Unfortunately the only Samsung device I own is an ancient Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet, which of course predates Smart Switch never mind Dex, so I don't know anything about recent Samsung updates :(

Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus release date was March 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 16MP camera, 8/12GB RAM, Exynos 9820 processor, and 4100mAh battery.

March 2019
Release Date
Reviews