1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Mac sync

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by psiclist, May 31, 2010.

1. psiclist

psiclist Member

May 29, 2010
    tucson
    I've had my Eris for a few days now. Has anyone tried The Missing Sync for Android for Mac? I used it with my Palm Tungsten and it worked pretty well. And I am not looking forward to manually typing in all my contacts, especially since the keyboard won't disappear when I tap that corner after I updated yesterday. $30 to save hours of typing with my thumbs (which I have no practice at yet LOL) seems like a good deal. thanks.

Advertisement

2. JDG63

JDG63 Member

May 16, 2010
    Public Safety
    Upstate, NY
    I bought Missing Sync and cannot for the life of me get it to connect via wifi or blue tooth to sync contacts back and fourth to the mac. I can use the cable to tether to backup my photos and such but not the calender or contacts. I know Google stores them so really it's not an issue.

3. midnight assassin

midnight assassin Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Sales
    Syracuse, N.Y.
    For music, try doubletwist. It worked well for me.

4. doogald

doogald Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    I tried Missing Sync for Windows Mobile a few years ago and it kept failing at syncing the calendar. Once I started syncing iCal and Address Book directly with Google Calendar and Gmail contacts, and using Exchange sync with WM over the air with that, all worked far better - which was a bonus when I went to Android (no more ActiveSync.)

I strongly suggest that method.