• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mac Yosemite Galaxy S7 issue

FWIW, I couldn't make Android File Transfer work with a Samsung Galaxy Note7, Oppo phones no problem with it. Didn't investigate why AFT wouldn't work with the Samsung because I didn't have the thing long enough. But there was another poster a couple of weeks ago with same problem, couldn't make AFT work with a Galaxy S7.

This is with macOS Sierra on Macbook Air. Wondershare for Mac I don't know, never used their software. I don't think there's too many users this forum using Macs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Someone else posted yesterday, they couldn't make AFT work with a Samsung device. It has been a known problem for a while now, and is something that the AFT developers definitely need to fix. Don't expect any help from Apple of course.

Usually I don't actually connect my phones to the Mac, and do most data transfers via WiFi, either using Airdroid or FTP.

AFT has never been updated ever since it came out, and is still version 1.0
. It might have worked with Samsung devices originally, but Samsung may have changed something in more recent devices and their Android versions, and it's broken AFT with them.

I found with the Oppo phones I've had, AFT works perfectly with my Macbook. And a Lenovo phone and an Onda oBook tablet works with AFT.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Someone else posted yesterday, they couldn't make AFT work with a Samsung device. It has been a known problem for a while now, and is something that the AFT developers definitely need to fix. Don't expect any help from Apple of course.

Usually I don't actually connect my phones to the Mac, and do most data transfers via WiFi, either using Airdroid or FTP.

AFT has never been updated ever since it came out, and is still version 1.0
. It might have worked with Samsung devices originally, but Samsung may have changed something in more recent devices and their Android versions, and it's broken AFT with them.

I found with the Oppo phones I've had, AFT works perfectly with my Macbook. And a Lenovo phone and an Onda oBook tablet works with AFT.

I'm quite disappointed connecting galaxy s7 to mac Yosemite is impossible :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones