• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Macro and Wide Angle Lens for the Galaxy S

snapper.fishes

Android Expert
Jul 13, 2010
Has anyone tried using the EVO 4G lens on their Galaxy S?

Macro Lens Attachment

It was mentioned that the diameter of the lens is 13 mm, which is about the diagonal length of the little square on our Galaxy S/Vibrant. (Captivate has a round lens, so you guys should be able to glue on the metal ring easily) So we might have a bit of problem attaching the metal ring that comes with the macro lens.

I really do want a wide angle lens for my phone though. I can think of plenty of use for it. (I know about the DVD lens DIY, but I don't happen to have a old DVD-rom lying around at the moment.)

Thanks

The Galaxy S (or at least the US Captivate) has a really good Macro setting and I don't think you need any attachments to get good macro photos. I've taken quite a few photos with the macro setting over the last week and they've all come out as good as those taken by my full-time digital camera (non-slr).

Can't speak on the wide angle part though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones