1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mad Music Player

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ThickYorkie, Apr 20, 2012.

1. ThickYorkie

ThickYorkie Lurker

I Use my S2 as my main music player, especially when working out. Since downloading the firmware update, when listening to music, other songs have started launching at the same time. I use an app usually for listening & downloading my music, & it's the music player originally installed which randomly launches. I have tried using this player instead but when i do it will play 10 seconds of a song then shuffle to the next one.
    It's annoying when you are mid workout & 3 or 4 songs are all trying to play at once. I don't really want to delete my music app (MP3 Ringtone) & can't disable the built in music player, anyone got any ideas please. :thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Forbidden 403

Forbidden 403 Android Enthusiast

Have you cleared the cache and data of the Music app from application manager.

The old music app and new one after the update are very different but have the same name, hence old cache and data can cause such issues.

Have you tried any third party app?

ThickYorkie likes this.
  3. ThickYorkie

ThickYorkie Lurker

Have now cleared the cache on the music player i have been using, will see if it stops the problem. The original Samsung music app had nothing in the cache.
    All apps have been updated so I know it shouldn't be an out-dated version problem. I've moved the MP3 Ringtone app to my SD card as well to see if that will make any difference.
    Thanks for the help.

4. Forbidden 403

Forbidden 403 Android Enthusiast

Ok. See if it solves the problem and post back the results :)

5. ThickYorkie

ThickYorkie Lurker

Didn't work unfortunately, have turned off the motion sensor as a last resort. If the phone was unlocked would i then be able to remove the installed music app?

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews