1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Madcatz MOJO - Stay Away!

Discussion in 'Other Androids' started by fisterkev, Dec 25, 2013.

1. fisterkev

fisterkev Newbie
    None

Jul 11, 2012
    Male
    Finance
    TX
    Wow, talk about a terrible experience. The MOJO is absolutely NOT ready for production. I was able to find maybe 10 games that were even compatible with it, and only ONE game that actually used the controller as advertised. NOVA 3 almost worked but even then there were some functions that didn't work (like swapping weapons, sorta important). The list of compatible games is misleading; many of those games will load, but they will not function with the controller (meaning: not at all).

Madcatz claims that the TegraZone games will work with the MOJO - that is a lie. Only a handful of them actually work. A gaming console that only works with a handful of games is pretty useless.

I updated the firmware exactly as instructed, and after rebooting the wifi did not work at all (it did before the update). An Android console without functional wifi is a paperweight.

I am going to return this unit and try to get a Nvidia Shield instead. I got the MOJO for my kid for Christmas. Talk about a disappointment. Luckily he also got a PS4, so it wasn't a total disaster.

The MOJO is an interesting concept, and if they ever get it working right it might - *might* - be worth the money. But as of now, no, not even close. Stay FAR away from this thing for now. You've been warned.

Advertisement

2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #
    None

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    Wow, I havent been following this item but after hearing that, I think I'll keep it that way.

3. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Extreme Android User

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
    Its actually not that bad, input needs some work but the latest update fixed a bunch of issues apparently.