• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Madden '12 and NFS Shift not working

ToxicToastKatz

Android Enthusiast
Oct 3, 2009
Aurora, IL
I was curious to see if there was anyone who could help on this issue.

Coming from an EVO, I had previously purchased Madden '12 and NFS Shift and had them both working without issue. After upgrading to the E4GT, both games showed up in my "My Apps" section in the Market, and both are shown as compatible with the E4GT. Upon installing the games and opening each, you are prompted to download an additional 300MB of data in order to play the games. During each attempt at downloading, the progress bar stalls at 0% and shows the text "NaN" to the left of the bar.

Any ideas why this won't work? Any help is appreciated!

EA sucks on mobile. One of the worst game developers in the mobile space.

Sorry to be flip, but that's the long and short of it. They have done practically nothing to fix any of the compatibility issues with their games and their updates tend to break things that used to work.

It took them three months for customer service to even get back to me about getting NFS Shift to work on my Galaxy Tab. You think their developers give a crap?

Reactions: ToxicToastKatz
Upvote 0
EA sucks on mobile. One of the worst game developers in the mobile space.

Sorry to be flip, but that's the long and short of it. They have done practically nothing to fix any of the compatibility issues with their games and their updates tend to break things that used to work.

It took them three months for customer service to even get back to me about getting NFS Shift to work on my Galaxy Tab. You think their developers give a crap?

Personally, I thought both games were pretty solid. That being said, however, I'm sure Android isn't on the top of their radars as far as priority, and that's a shame.

I guess the biggest think I'm looking for is confirmation that I'm not completely nuts as far as the games not working. I tried a few different things (copying over the game files to the USB storage; completely deleting everything and starting over; etc.) and couldn't get anything. I just wanted to see if I was missing something that needed to be done, or that could be done, to get these to work. I have found nothing in any of the forums or on their support site, so I figured I would ask.

Sounds like I'm SOL until someone from EA responds. Kind of sucks, but I suppose with the other positives on the phone, I can let it go for now. The NFS Shift I'm not too broken up about, since I hadn't played in quite some time, but Madden '12 I was part way through a season, and as you can probably imagine with football season here, was playing quite a bit.

Oh well. Thanks for the input though.

Upvote 0
BTW, I also got the NaN error with NFS Shift. I bought the game and can't install it on my Galaxy Tab, didn't have the room for it on my Evo, and can't play it on my ET either. And it's been since freaking December -- they can't fix the compatibility issues yet?

Shameful. I will never buy another EA product.

Upvote 0
The thing with EA is that they're a console/pc house and they're just porting over what they have into mobile, even if the controls are crap or the gameplay isn't really suited for a touch device. Anything to make a buck I suppose, but they're shooting themselves in the foot reputation-wise. If/When gaming moves wholesale into the mobile space, EA will look like yesterday's news.

Upvote 0
NFS shift is not working on my new Droid Razr Maxx. It is NOT compatible, However. All the unlocks and cheats and guides are. Does this make any sense to anyone? I love the Razr Maxx, I love NFS Shift. Bummed I can't play it. I hope someday this is fixed. I paid good money for this game and want to keep it going. My son really loves it too. Thank for reading

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones